today i went to fred aldous to look at their archive, it was amazing. i'm not sure whether i am allowed to upload pictures due to copyright, once i have found out whether we can or not, i will post some of the photographs i took today. it's spurred me on to start this project :D
Aim - To create a font in response to / utilising the Fred Aldous designs archive. You are required to produce the following;
- Research a variety of serif, sans serif and hybrid fonts, their histories and usage.
- As a team gather/collate and present in an A3 format a body of typographic research in response to being allowed access to the Fred Aldous designs archive.
- Individually create ONEserif OR non serif OR hybrid full font in both upper and lower case including numerals 0 to 9
- The font must utilise, as it’s starting point the Fred Aldous designs archive.
- The font has to support and be sympathetic the logo/branding mark of the company.
- One of the key functions of your font design is that it will be implemented on in store signage/store map and potentially packaging.
- Consideration of the fonts used on the company website is crucial and must form part of your research as your font will be used in conjunction with the existing companies branding.
decided that my life's ambition is to design cards for paperchase.
1031/1500 i am stuck.
WANT MY OWN PRINTING PRESS, WAHH. LIFE WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL?
must keep going. i will do this. damn you coca cola.